English as a Second Language (ESL)
English as a Second Language (ESL) class teaches non-English speakers to read, write, speak, and understand English. Our ESL programs target non-English speaking immigrants including workers who need better skills for job advancement and parents who want to take an active role in their children's education.
- Classes are FREE to residents of Ansonia, Derby, Monroe, Seymour, and Shelton. A small fee is charged for non-residents.
- Students must be aged 17 years and older and officially withdrawn from school.
- Classes are held at Valley Regional Adult Education located in the Richard O. Belden Center, 54 Grove St., Shelton, CT
- Day and Evening Classes are available.
Scheduling Information Winter/Spring 2024
- Winter/Spring 2024 Morning Classes (1/3 - 5/19)
- Monday 9:30AM - 12:30PM
- Tuesday 9:30AM - 12:30PM
- Wednesday 9:30AM - 12:30PM
- Thursday 9:30AM - 12:30PM
- Winter/Spring 2024 Evening Classes (1/3 - 4/6)
- Tuesday 6:00PM - 8:30PM
- Thursday 6:00PM - 8:30PM