Position: Administrative Assistant
PT Administrative Assistant for Adult Education Office. Located in Shelton.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Answers and/or places telephone calls, record messages and greet visitors
- Prepares written reports, memos, letters, etc., for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information
- Processes documents and materials for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties
- Maintains products/supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed products/supplies
- Places and expedites approved orders for products/supplies, verifying receipt of products/supplies
- Maintains contact information for staff and students
- Maintains and keep current office equipment (phone system, postage meter, copier)
- Assists in the coordination and set up for graduation
- Maintains classroom supplies
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Works with finance to insure a smooth flow of required paperwork
- Ensures that invoices are correct regarding product/supply quantity/quality specifications; review invoices listed prices; make necessary pricing adjustments and make computer entries according to procedures
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work in a variety of settings with a culturally diverse population
- Effective, active listening skills
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent public relations skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google
- Must be able to meet schedule requirements
Must hold a High School Diploma, some college/business coursework preferred, background in education field preferred
This is an hourly position - $18.00/hour for 36 weeks during the school year, 20 hours per week. The position will begin on August 23, 2021.
Send a current resume and letter of introduction to Debra Hansen at email@example.com.
Apply Now: Interested candidates are invited to
submit a resume today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Return to the main Employment page.